Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Simple lessons from Kolaveri Di !!

#POST 0043

Did you hear the new Tanglish (Tamil & English) song "Why this Kolaveri Di" ?
In case not, 'have a chill pill from your busy schedule @ Kolaveri D <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR12Z8f1Dh8>i (YouTube HD Video)

This unreleased song is going viral these days.
It has got views of more than 17 Million on YouTube, hottest search keyword at Google and the most talked about topic at Twitter!

Here are a few lessons we learn from Kolaveri Di !!

1. Be a Trendsetter
If you are a trend setter, then people try to copy you and follow the lines set by you. Seniors in any organisation should be trendsetters! If you believe in something that you are good at, keep doing the work. Innovation at work always helps create new benchmarks and takes an organisation to maturity levels. Overnight success takes decades to happen

2. Under Promise, Over Deliver
If you take a close look at the lyrics of the song, it calls itself a "flop song", reducing one's expectations but the feet tapping music bound by lucid lyrics gives it the jazz it requires. One of the key mantras for any service oriented organisation.

3. Think Out-of-the-Box
There is a 90% chance that you didn’t hear this song first on TV (the balance 10% didn’t have internet connections). Traditional medium like MTV or Channel V or any radio channel was not used. It was out-of-the-box thinking to promote the song through Youtube.  A song posted on YouTube has created so much buzz through shares and WOM (Word-of-mouth publicity) measures, nothing could stop it from going viral. Investing almost nothing this campaign achieved huge success! Think Guirella! (it really helps!)

3. K.I.S.S.
At the end of the day, it’s a simple song that everybody can relate to, that’s exactly why it works. Keep it simple, silly! People's lives are complicated already, don't over complicate them. Keeping things simple is also an art, an organisation should master.

4.Talent has to be recognized
Talent is not always about being beautiful or show-off, it has to be recognized. The Kolaveri song is composed by debutante Anirudh Ravichander. His talent is recognized to the extent that the music promotion label is under Sony Music banner. Sometimes we tend to judge people by the image he carries and we forget about the important aspect of exploring the person.



2 comments:

  1. hey well said... really considerable lessons for all

    ReplyDelete